April’s One Little Word prompt was a simple question – what does it really mean to [your OLW]? We were to spend the month exploring our word and what it means in our life right now.
So, what does it really mean to FOCUS?
Here’s what I discovered:
- FOCUS is having a vision and the belief that vision will become a reality. Dream big and believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that those dreams will come true.
- FOCUS is having a plan and following it. Figure out what you need to do to make your dreams reality and then DO THE WORK.
- FOCUS is setting clear guidelines about what is and what is not okay. Boundaries must be set – both with yourself and those you interact with.
- FOCUS is recognizing when you’ve seen a squirrel and pulling yourself back to task. Distractions happen, just don’t let them drag you off course.
- FOCUS is understanding that there are times when playing with the squirrel is totally needed. Sometimes distractions are a must. They relieve self imposed pressure and encourage creative thinking.
- FOCUS is allowing mistakes and learning from them. Everyone makes mistakes – EVERYONE! Rather than playing it safe, allow yourself the grace to royally jack something up and then learn from it.
- FOCUS is letting go of the constant need for perfection. No one is perfect – NOT ONE PERSON. Embrace your flaws. It’s where your creativity comes from.
- FOCUS means sometimes you just have to say NO! Say no to things you don’t want to do so you can say yes to the things that make you happy.
That’s FOCUS for me right now.